Uerige Obergaerige Hausbrauerei

Built in 1632 and converted to a brewpub in 1862, Uerige Brewery, named for the cranky owner, Wilhelm Cuerten, has established the Duesseldorfer interpretation of Altbier as the classic of the style. After the building was completely destroyed in World War II, the new owner, Rudi Arnold began reconstructing the brewpub in 1945. In 1949 he finished and in 1976 the Schnitzler family took over the company.

http://www. uerige.de